Different types of clothes need different types of wash. Can you ever wash your delicate shirts with your rough jeans?
In fact, the type of wash also depends on how dirty your clothes are.
But who will decide which type of wash is good for which types of clothes? It’s a tough task. Trust me.
That’s why LG is here with a solution called “LG 6 Motion DD Technology” that automatically chooses the best motion type based on the type of clothes you are washing in the machine. Let’s learn more about this technology here in this article.
Table of Contents
What Is LG 6 Motion DD Technology?
LG 6 Motion DD Technology is more of an automated way of washing clothes. All you need to do is to start the machine and the machines will take care of the rest.
You will get the best wash, the best power consumption, and the best reliability as the washing machine itself decides everything for you. There are no manual intervention involved.
This technology is only available in Direct Drive Washing Machines where the motor is directly mounted under the drum. There are no pulleys and no belts. So less wear and tear. The noise is reasonable too.
LG 6 Motion DD Technology involves different motion and speeds of the wash drum. Based on what mode is selected, the rotation direction and speed changes for the drum.
LG 6 Motion DD Technology also comes integrated with AI technology that takes the automation to the next level. The AI technology captures the input data of consumers for a certain period of time and then suggests the best setting for your washing machine.
How LG 6 Motion DD Technology Works
LG 6 Motion DD Technology has six different motion types as shown below. Based on the types of clothes and the level of dirtiness, the machine selects the best motion type.
- Tumble: This mode is for delicate clothes where the drum rotates in the anti-clockwise direction and lets your clothes tumble in it.
- Swing: This motion is also for delicate clothes. The drum rotates in a clockwise and anti-clockwise direction. The soft swing creates a heart-shaped motion trajectory that washes laundry below the waterline.
- Filtration: In this motion type, the drum rotates in a clockwise direction and squeezes out the dirt from the clothes. This mode is suitable for heavily soiled clothes.
- Rolling: In Rolling, the drum rotates in the clockwise direction but the speed is slower than the filtration mode. The idea is to roll the clothes upside down to get a thorough wash.
- Scrubbing: This is mainly for heavy-duty washing where the drum rotates in alternate directions and removes the heaviest of dirt from clothes.
- Stepping: The drum rotates in a single clockwise direction in a stuttering mode to throw the clothes upside down for a heavy wash cycle.
Advantages Of LG 6 Motion DD Technology
- The process is fully automatic. Thus it provides better comfort for consumers
- You will get the best wash as the machine is deciding the best wash cycle depending on the type of clothes and level of dirt
- The washing machine will consume the optimum amount of power.
- Less noise as this technology is only available in direct drive washing machine
- No power loss as the motor is mounted directly under the drum
- Less wear and tear as there are no pullies and no belt